Weddings can be expensive. In fact, the average cost of a wedding in the U.S. is at an all-time high. We want you to have the wedding of your dreams – without breaking the bank. The locale can take up a big chunk of your budget. We have compiled a list of 5 of the most expensive places for you to get married. There’s a reason why these places rack up the bill – they are absolutely gorgeous – and might even be worth the splurge.
- New York – specifically Manhattan (other cities such as Long Island and Westchester are fairly pricey as well). The average cost of a wedding in Manhattan was just over $80,000.
- Massachusetts- Cape Cod. The average cost of a wedding on this East coast location is just under $55,000.
- Louisiana – New Orleans. This city is rooted in such tradition that the price tag on a wedding here is right at $44,000.
- California – Los Angeles. No surprise here. In fact, with beach weddings on the rise, we are surprised it’s not more expensive to host your wedding here. The average cost of a wedding here is $40,000. It’s actually less expensive than it’s sister city – Palm Springs, which will run you $45,000.
- Texas – Houston. Houston is our hometown, and it is such a vibrant city. It has some great spots downtown to host a wedding and is home to several James Beard award-winning chefs. An average wedding here will cost $39,000.