I don’t know about you, but we are in full holiday swing over here. We haven’t taken out the Christmas tree, but we are starting to add holiday touches here and there in our home. #tistheseason.
Winter weddings are so much fun for a variety of reasons. It’s a magical time of year to tie the knot. It’s a great time to start off your new life as a Mrs. They also present some fabulous opportunities to incorporate subtle touches of the holidays here and there – without going overboard. Today, we will leave you with some wedding inspo: holiday edition.
Another benefit to getting hitched during the holidays is that many venues will already be decorated. So for your brides on a budget, think fewer decorations you will have to purchase yourself.
- Sparklers. We can’t think of a better time of year to incorporate this fun little tradition. Sparklers make for some beautiful photos – especially for evening weddings – as the bride and groom leave their reception. Sparklers are always a good idea (if your venue allows them) – even a better idea during the holidays.
- We found some sparklers for a great deal here (free shipping today with no minimum purchase) and here (10% off). Tip: Opt for the longer ones – they will last for more time.
- For a fun extra touch, why don’t you customize some of these sparkler tags. You will thank us later. The shimmer on this paper is a perfect touch for the holidays.
2. Holiday florals. This topic deserves its own post. There are so many creative ways to incorporate holiday florals into your wedding. From the color scheme (hello jewel tones) to the centerpieces. We figured we would just show you some of our faves. We also love it when brides mix in natural wood tones for that extra, rustic touch.
3. Your arrival (and exit). There are so many possibilities and so many great photo ops with this. You can arrive in a horse-drawn carriage. Or decorate your getaway car with a festive wreath. Either way – the photos will be wonderful (and perfect for next year’s Christmas cards).